About Maritime Survey
Maritime Survey was originally set up as a Yacht Surveying company by our surveyor Steve Frankland. For a number of years, he carried out general surveys, insurance surveys as well as pre-purchase drive by surveys to help boat owners maintain their boats and get the best deal when buying or selling.
Steve then undertook the Boat Safety Scheme training course to become a certified BSS examiner so he could make use of his vast experience in boats and apply it to the vessels on the inland waterways. As well as being a surveyor for the BSS, Steve has spent many years buying and selling all types of boats so has a wealth of knowledge and advice to pass on when it comes to carrying out your BSS examination. Steve is also the director of Boatbreakers, the country’s leading boat recycling and disposal company.
Just like a car, on most of the UK’s inland waterways, a boat needs to be licensed, insured and have the boat-equivalent of a MOT – valid BSS certification – before it can cruise. The BSS examination is focused around making sure your boat and the boats around you are safe
- Custom written survey reports
- Survey reports are detailed, accurate, factual and impartial and follow the BSS guidelines and criteria.
- Survey reports are written in plain English with clear indication of findings and grading of recommendations.
- Professional BSS Accreditation.
- Technical Qualification.
- Proactive thinking about your boating needs.
- Realistic and practicable solutions to problems
- Excellent communication and adaptable arrangements to suit you.
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for our work
- Years of Practical Experience.
- Peace of Mind.
- We Care.